Anyone shop at theOutdoor Superstore?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
I had really bad experience with them. I wanted a 30" high bimini top and called them to find out if they had one in stock. They said they don't carry the 30" but had the 36" and it could be cut down. So I order it on a Friday morning from my office. At 4:00pm that same day I find the 30" top on their website and call to cancel the first order and place an order for the 30". They said they can't cancel the order because it already shipped and to refuse it from UPS, and just order the 30". So I did.<br /><br />A few days later the first top arrives and I refuse to accept it. No problem. The next day or so the second top arrives. But it's not a 30" it is a 54". So I call them and they mail a shipping reciept for UPS to pick it up. UPS comes and says not only did they not pay for residential pickup, but they did not pay for oversize shipping. So USP leaves. About a week goes by 4 phone calls later UPS comes back and pickes up the package. <br /><br />Now I expected them to credit me the full amount of the first top plus shipping because they told me they didn't have the 30" top. I also expected them to credit me the full price and shipping on the second top because they sent the wrong one. They didn't credit me for either for a month. Then they tell me they will not pay shipping on the firs order because I refused it (remember they told me to). And they can't credit my Mastercard because they no longer use the same credit company (sounds like BS to me and I am getting worried that they will not return any money). After about 3 more weeks, I finally get two checks in the mail for the full amounts.<br /><br />This place is so messed up I will never order from them again. But I must add that through the whole ordeal, I was nice and pleasant to them and they were nice and pleasant back. Apologized for all the mistakes and offered me 10% off on my next order of $50 or more. Like there is going to be a next order.<br /><br />Mark

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Anyone shop at theOutdoor Superstore?

Shop iboats, Mark.<br /><br />Need I say more? :)

Bondo

Staff member

I'm Always Amazed............<br /><br />By the Infinite Wisdom of JB.............. :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I purchased 1- $30 item from them about 2 or 3 years ago.<br />No problems. But things can change.<br />Still getting their emails.

18rabbit

Captain

Federal laws allows you dispute a credit card purchase for up to 60-days after the charge first appears. In the computer age, that means the day you made the charge. Don’t care to argue and not willing to waste my time with idiots that act as if they personally owned the company, so I just dispute the charge thru the credit card company.<br /><br />The card company is required to credit your account while they do an investigation. If they find an error was made on your part, they will reinstate the charge with back interest due. Otherwise you will receive a notice the reversal (your credit) is permanent. I have never had a charge reinstated.<br /><br />In over 300 Ebay purchases, only had one bad experience. I paid for the item with my cc via PayPal. I could not resolve the dispute with the seller so I mailed a charge dispute notice to the credit card company. All charges were reversed. Problem solved.