Omc 1.6 over heating

Proline Boat

Recruit
I have a 1990 v4 1.6L. I have change the the thermostats to see if that would fix it. The water pump seams goods I get 10 to 15 psi at 2000 rpms. I can run the motor for 5 min and the left side cinder heads run right up to 175F. Today I removed the left side heads to look for any kind of blockage. I did not find any thing. There is a light coating of salt all over the cinlderwalls. I dont think its thick enough to stop heat transfer. Is there any place to find a water pasage diagrm. I also ran the motor with the thermostats out of it and had the same problem. Its only the left side cylinder heads that over heat too.

echozulu

Seaman
Re: Omc 1.6 over heating

if you havent already rcheck the waterpump a water pressure gauge will show steam pressure as well its not taking long to get hot start with the basics first

Proline Boat

Recruit

I dont think its that simple as the pump. The Water comes out like a garden hose out of the pee tube. I all most think the block is blocked some place. I was trying to not have to pull the whole power head to see where the water splits left and right.

echozulu

Seaman

when you pulled the heads did you also remove the water jacket covers on the heads ? how about the rubber water deflectors in the water jacket ?

Proline Boat

Recruit

I wanted to take the water jacket covers off the head but some of the bolts dont want to move. I flused it with water then shot shop air in the head. I all most pulled the water defletors out. Then I was like humm they look too good to be just junk. I have though it might even be a carb problem. With the mix being to lean. I have no way to test how lean the mix is on that side of the motor. Thats what gets me its only the one side that over heats. I am just glad I have dule temp gages to spot the problem.