Thanks JoeReeves 6826

Just wanted to say thanks again for the help,<br />Iv'e been using a Johnson 5.5 1963 for 40 years<br />and stepping up to a 9.9 is a little different.<br /> For one thing, when I pulled off the lower end,<br />I was sure I'd find the waterpump, but it wasn't<br />there.Iguess I'll have to invest in a manual now<br />that you identified the year.The problem is no<br />water coming out of pee hole,do you think it's a<br />big problem? It starts ok, but stalls.<br /><br />Thanks<br />charlie boom boom #20518

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Thanks JoeReeves 6826

Im sure Joe will be along.<br /> No water out the the tell tale<br />could be as simple as dirt or a mud<br />daubers nest plugging it up.Usually you can<br />unplug by carefully pushing a wire up to break up<br />the plug.<br /> If the motor is new to you an impeller<br /> change is a good idea just on general principles.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Thanks JoeReeves 6826

Charlie..... I assume you're speaking of a 9.9hp Evinrude or Johnson. The water pump is sitting right on top of the lower unit. You say you dropped the lower unit and it's not there????