motor ID??

triplied2

Cadet
My grandpa died 3 years ago and the motor has been hanging in the garage.. It is a evinrude and the top say's Fisherman 6..I have a ser # 6702D-E05079 on the side??<br />How should I mix the gas?? :confused:

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: motor ID??

Hi triplied2 <br />That's a 1967 6 HP. It uses a 50:1 mix. 1 Pint TCW-3 oil to 6 Gal gas or about 2.5 ounces oil to 1 Gal gas. Squirt a little oil in the cylinder before you try to start it and turn it over by hand using the flywheel, to lubricate the cylinder walls. See if you have spark and try firing her up. If it runs, or if it doesn't, get back with us and we'll try to help you out.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Yes, it is water cooled and yes, put the lower unit in a tub or use Muffs. I'm sure you will need to get a water pump after sitting so long, but try to get it started first. Just don't run it too long without checking to see if it is pumping water.

triplied2

Cadet

Is it hard to replace a water pump??I like to mess with small engines but can I find part for this still??<br />And maybe a manual???<br />Thanks for all the help!!!!

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

triplied2 <br /><br />It will be no problem if you have a Manual. No special tools are required. You can get a generic manual at the bottom of this page or at the link below. Also a link to order parts below. (Either manual will work fine for the Water Pump and other basic maintenence) <br /><br />Factory Manual <br /><br /> Water Pump Part# 391391

triplied2

Cadet

Well I got the motor running in water but it will only run with the chock out?? I have a new fuel line and the tank line is clear in the fuel tank, now what??? :eek: