90hp evinrude 1993 needs parts ?

fenceman

Recruit
I have a 93'90hp evinrude that needs new heads/pistons.My question is will parts from a late 80s 115hp Johnson interchange with my motor?If not can someone give me any info on how to get used parts ?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: 90hp evinrude 1993 needs parts ?

fenceman <br /> Here's a place with some used parts. Can't help you with the powerhead from the 80s for your motor, but I would say it's a good bet it won't work. Others may know for sure.<br /><br />web page

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Both are 3.500" crossflows and will interchange. The crank and block are pretty much the same from 79 on. You can get around the O ring issue. The pistons are the same from 74 on. There are several style heads but if you use them in pairs they will interchange. The rods are the same from 74 on. The intakes are the same from 79 on (the shift linkage set up being the main difference on earlier ones).<br /><br />Hope that helps some. Post more about what specific parts you want to interchange if you need to.<br /><br />Good luck!

fenceman

Recruit

Thanks dhadley, that about answers my question.sounds to me like you know your outboards and I'll take your advice.Thanks again.