evinrude motor trouble

badpfd

Recruit
I have a 1994 175 evinrude motor that the beeper keeps going off on and then when you run it up to about 1200 rpms it starts cutting out and misses what could be the problem

D

DJ

Re: evinrude motor trouble

badpfd,<br /><br />It could be many things. Give some more info. <br /><br />When does it happen?<br /><br />What are the duration of the "beeps".<br /><br />Re the beeps constant?<br /><br />Frequency, etc.

clanton

Rear Admiral

If it is beeping,its not pumping oil, the oil tank is low, or the sensors are bad. Check and repair alarm system. Check power pack output voltage and ignition coils for arcing to ground.

ranman

Cadet

If you have an oil reserve tank on you motor, and are tilting it at an angle to crank it, Your oil reserve may just be low. If you checked the motor tank and it appeared to be full, you may need to tilt your motor to the full down position and then check the oil level. If this still doesn't stop the warning signal you may have a faulty sensor. Also check the oil level in the main tank.

clanton

Rear Admiral

The only oil tank on this engine is the remote tank.

badpfd

Recruit

it beeps one long time and will not run no faster than 1500 rpms and the oil tank is full. i can bring it home and change plugs and it will run fine. i dont know if the plugs are helping or if its just cooling off. it does it after i run it for a long period of time we have used it the last 2 weekends for a short distance and it has ran fine

Walker

Captain

Sounds like the SLOW mode is kicking in from either bad heat sensors or over heating.