pee hole

flatfish

Cadet
i have a 74 evinrude it does not have the pee hole to tell if the waterpump is pumping does any one know how or if i can add one

ob1jeeper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: pee hole

never heard of such a thing... look again... there has GOT to be a small (approx 1/16 - 1/8 inch hole in the housing somewhere... *unless it's hidden by "glopped on paint", or debris, or ???<br /><br />I'd bet $$'s -to-doughnuts that someone here will be able to tell you where to find it, BUT you'll have to help them, by posting size, model #, etc. of the motor, so they know how to help you... <br /><br />GOOD LUCK... Obiwan Jeeper

flatfish

Cadet

model 70473-m ser j0004139 took cal off no hose or place to put one as far as i know its a 74 year model 70 hp evenrude . do a lot of fishing in shallow water want to make sure i can keep an eye on the water pump

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Flatfish<br />My 1974 15 HP Johnson does not have it either. In fact I do not thank many motors had it before about 1977.

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

The old outboards did not use a pee hole, you should have two holes in the back of the lower leg that the exhaust comes out the water also comes out the same hole. Check the exhaust outlet when the motor is running and you should see water mixed in with it that lets you know that the water pump is working.

Walker

Captain

You can add one. I don't know exactly where on your particular motor but all you have to do is locate a water jacket and drill into it and thread the hole for a hose nipple.

flatfish

Cadet

any water water port will do.the repair manuel does not have anything on this. i dont whant to put it some where that well limit the cooling water to the moter.