Vynil seats

magster65

Commander
Hey folks. Hope y'all had a great summer.<br />My question is about my vynil seat on the bridge of my boat. It has small black dots on it which I'm sure are mold. Does anyone know of a 'magic cure' for this? It's not really bad and I'll likely re-upholster it next summer so a short term solution will do. Thanks :)

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: Vynil seats

Simple.take a sponge and put some bleach on it and wipe.It will work instantly.Make sure to wipe with fresh water right after and avoid the stitching if you can.Charlie

Dershman

Seaman Apprentice

I like to make a paste using clorox cleanser or other granular cleanser with belach added. the paste makes it easier to apply without getting it where u dont want it. let it set and check often unitl the spot is lightened. (It may not dissappear) protect other areas and your clothes with an old towel before scrubbing.<br /><br />I fht e vinyl is in otherwise good shape there are paints made for vinyl that you can use instead of $pending on new seats.

magster65

Commander

I tried the bleach method last night. It worked really well, the spots are almost completely gone. Thank you.