prop suggestions

can i get some opinions on a good overall prop for a 1999 johnson 150 faststrike on a 1995 javelin 18 foot bass boat. i am looking at getting a new prop to put on my new motor when i hopefully get it . i have a 4 blade stainless 13 and a quarter X 25pp that was on my 95 evinrude intruder 150. i could turn the rpms to 6000 , althought i did not run it very long like that i just did it to see if it would. 4 blade or 3 blade for overall hole shot and top end???????

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: prop suggestions

Sounds like you had the 95 dialed in. I would try the same set up on the 99.

well it ran good like that but i was wanting to increase my top end speed some if possible. i am probably going to add a jackplate onto this motor, and see if that helps and run hte same prop for a while to see what happens. any suggestions for jackplates??? i cant afford a hydraulic one i just need a manual one , the cheap ones. i could get my boat up to around 63 or 64 in my old setup and my buddy had a the same boat but newer with 150 johnson and he could get around the 68-69 mark with a jackplate and a 3 blade prop. thanks everybody

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Just as an option - check out Bobs Machine plates. They are "convertible" from 5" to 3" setback and positive to neutral to negative trim. <br /><br />Good luck!