Need Help! 40hp Johnson, Pulled flywheel, now motor wont start

ILDUCKHUNTER

Recruit
Hello<br />I have a 1992 40hp johnson and I had to pull the flywheel the other day to replace the power pack. Everything went smoothly, flywheel came off easy etc... I got everything back together and now I can not get the motor started! I checked for spark and I have Good spark at both cyclinders. Is is possible to messup the timing when you pull the flywheel? I wouldn't think it would be an issue since the wheel is keyed so it has to to back on the same way! Any help appreciated. What do you think a dealer would charge me to check my timing for me. I don't have a light and have never messed with timing. Is it something that you could explain to me how to check? I would consider myself pretty mechanically sound. Thanks

ewaltb

Seaman
Re: Need Help! 40hp Johnson, Pulled flywheel, now motor wont start

I had my engine in to check the timing and the mechanic spent maybe a total of 1/2 hour on the engine. (That was with pressure check I believe) So what ever your local marine guy charges for at most a half hour.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: Need Help! 40hp Johnson, Pulled flywheel, now motor wont start

Was it sparking before you replaced the power pack, real easy to pinch wires this motor when you change pack. Flywheel may be rubbing the pack, and charge coil may be bad.