Johnson 65hp info

Big Jock

Recruit
Hi Guys,<br /><br />Please can anyone help with info on my Johnson 65hp 3-cylinder (model ref SJ65WMLP). What year? I've seen similar posts and replies explaining the OMC code 'INTRODUCES' but this doesn't seem to fit. (I'm in the UK, if this makes a difference.) Also, what sensors are there that would cause the alarm to squawk at me occasionally - usually before/just after starting? Motor runs well otherwise. Finally, will this engine charge the starting battery? What should charging voltage be?<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Big Jock

Down South

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Johnson 65hp info

Hello Big Jock,<br />The alarms you are hearing at start up are the self test. That is normal. If you have a manual it should mention this. As far as the model No. to cross the year I'm lost too with the model No. you gave. If you are getting alarms under way. I think the only alarms you have is if you have a VRO, then it may be a low oil level and you have a high Temp alarm. Try to get a manual for this motor.<br />Yes, this motor should charge the batery.<br /> This is a link for Johnson motors from 1980 and up for model No./Year model.<br /><br /> http://www.marinshopen.se/guide/omc/omc8098.htm <br /><br />Goog luck :)