2000 Johnson 40hp with oil injection

Milt

Recruit
My 2000 johnson is brand new - I'm the first owner and I have about 12 hours on it. I'm following the rules for the 20 hour breakin period - adding oil to the gas tank - and have not seen any usage of the oil in the oil injection reservoir - what gives? Is this normal or should I see usage of oil from this tank? I have used about 15 gallons of gas.

angus63

Captain
Re: 2000 Johnson 40hp with oil injection

I think you should contact the seller first (warranty period). I would expect you should have used appx. 2 1/2 pints with 15 gallons. Is your oil tank so large that it is difficult to notice?<br />If you add 2 1/2 pints is it back to full?

D

DJ

saltydog,<br /><br />Yes, you should see oil useage. Did you buy this unit rigged by a dealer? If so, take it back. This is nothing to fool around with.<br /><br />To check useage, I ususally draw a line on the side of the oil tank.

Milt

Recruit

I bought it from a dealer already rigged unfortunately they are about 4 hours away from me - I went that far to buy a new 2000 boat last month - mucho savings - Can I take this to any authorized service dealer? Should I call the dealer that is 4 hours away anyway?

D

DJ

saltydogg,<br /><br />Call the dealer you bought it from. They may be able to help you over the phone.

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer

Do as djohns19 suggests, mark your oil tank with a line and give your dealer a call. To be on the safe side, continue to mix fuel and oil until your concerns are resolved. This generation of VRO (actually, it's now called OMS for Oil Metering System) oils at a fairly consistent 50:1 ratio - it should consume oil accordingly. If you've burned 15 gallons of fuel, you should have used approximately 40 ounces of oil.<br /><br />-John<br /><br />BTW - any authorized dealer can perform warranty service, but shop for a qualified dealer.