Question for djohns19 or anyone that can help

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
1991 Evinrude 70HP VRO,<br />If I disconnected the oil line to the Pump and plugged it at the Pump, and mixed a 50:1 mixture in the tank to be sure the motor is lubricated, Left all the wiring connected and ran it, would that make the "No Oil Pressure At the Pump Warning" Sound? (I'm talking about the 2 Second Warning Horn, not just Low Oil in the Tank ) Just a thought to see if the "ABOUT TO BLOW UP HORN" really works! Rick

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: Question for djohns19 or anyone that can help

Sure, if its working.

D

DJ

Rick,<br /><br />Yes, it should. I believe you can check it without going through all of that. I believe there is a VRO diagnostic you can run through to check the warning circuit.<br /><br />Unfotunately, I am not familiar enough with it to tell which you wires to check. Perhaps, John from Illinois or Joe Reeves, may be of some assistance?

wreckdiver

Cadet

I just looked in my clymer engine manual and it has the procedure for testing both the low oil and 2 second alarm. These manuals have alot of good information.

clanton

Rear Admiral

The only way you can insure the oil pump no oil sensor is working is run it without oil.