needed engine info

Captain Phil

Recruit
I've got a 1990 model Tracker(bass buggy)with a 25hp evinrude(think its a '90 model engine), model # TE30ELCED. Tried to set points found electronic ign instead. #'s on top of elect. ign. are CD2USL/61 31JN, second line #'s 583896 OA. Engine is hard to get started, and won't hold an idle. Runs good at high rpm...pull it to neutral and it dies. Have just rebuilt entire fuel system... new tank new line ect. Also rebuilt carb. Any ideas?

IndySpecialty

Seaman Apprentice
Re: needed engine info

Do a Compression check? sounds like it has a weak hole. if the compressin very's more then a few pounds pull the head & have a look, "head gaskets are cheap" You said you went through the carbs. Are you absolutly sure that you got the low speed jet cleaned? for every 100 pepole that tell me they rebuilt there own carbs, 99 of them d!cked it up. just something to think about. Good luck. :)

Peter O

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: needed engine info

For what it's worth, your model # says it's a 30HP 1989 model. I suspect someone changed the hood on it for a 25. The manual information will be much the same for 25 & 30hp. As far as compression goes, you should have no more than 15% variance from highest to lowest.<br /><br />Here's a little more info on the model:<br />T = Tracker<br />E = Evinrude<br />30 = 30 HP<br />E = Electric start<br />L = 20" shaft<br />CE = 1989<br /><br />Good luck!