Evinrude Carb

MANICMECHANIC

Recruit
Are the carb bodies from a 1970 60hp evinrude (top section with brass tubes ) the same as a 1990. I need a carb for a 1990 and have found a whole outboard on ebay that is a 1970. In the photos they look identicle. A local service shop said they are jetted different , I can handle that.

almost retired again

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude Carb

Hi Manicmechanic,<br />I've never tried this, but I think that you coudd make it work somehow. The carb linkage is different, but I don't think thast it is that much different. Maybe the jets are different but that can be changed.<br />What is wrong with the old carbs? They are easy to rebuild, and unless they are really trashed I would go that route.<br />Good Luck

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The jetting stays with the carb. The carb is jetted according to air flow and calibration through that particular carb. You may have to fine tune it but start with the stock jets for that carb. <br /><br />Good luck!

MANICMECHANIC

Recruit

Thanks men. It's along story but to cut to the chase Almost Retired, one of the brass tubes that run down into the bowel ain't so good. In fact it's GONE. Now to Dhadley " Are the throtes in the older carbs gonna be the same as the newer ones " Even if it's the same body ? I've been told on here and in the local area shops that the tubes are a press fit and CAN'T be replaced.