Some news from Bombardier-John/Rude

D

DJ

Welcome to Evinrude/Johnson eNews, your direct connection to the latest and greatest from the leader in outboard engine technology! <br /><br />We’ll be coming to you about every month – or sooner if news breaks! <br /><br />Setting the Standard in Warranties <br /><br />The Bombardier team has put an incredible amount of thinking and hard work into making our Evinrude and Johnson motors world class when it comes to quality. And now, we’re putting our warranties where our mouth is. <br /><br />All 2002 (purchased before September 30, 2002) and 2003 Evinrude direct-injected engines are now backed by a three-year non-declining limited warranty. Johnson four-stroke models are also covered for three years. And a two-year warranty covers Johnson carbureted two-strokes. These are all non-declining limited warranties, as well – meaning we cover everything from day one to day 790 or 1,095. See Evinrude or Johnson.com for more details. <br /><br />The Factory is Coming! The Factory is Coming! <br /><br />We know that not everyone can make it to the state-of-the-art Bombardier Evinrude/Johnson factory in Sturtevant, Wis. So we're bringing the factory to you with the 2002 PowerAmerica Tour. <br /><br />At each open house, in addition to product displays with our latest outboard engines, you can chat with Bombardier engineers, meet a Team Evinrude pro angler, even win cool Evinrude and Johnson stuff <br /><br />See the PowerAmerica Tour schedule here. <br /><br />Get Tons of Genuine Savings… <br /><br />…by purchasing Genuine Evinrude/Johnson parts and accessories before September 6. The more you buy, the more you save, in the form of Engine Checks. Click here for more details. <br /><br />Team Evinrude in the Hall <br /><br />We’re honored that Team Evinrude Pro anglers Guido Hibdon and Denny Brauer were recently inducted into the Pro Bass Fishing Hall of Fame in Hot Springs, Ark. <br /><br />Read all the details in the News section of Evinrude.com. <br /><br />We value our relationship with you. If you prefer not to receive e-mails like this from Bombardier simply click on the link below and we’ll automatically unsubscribe you. We’re sorry, but we can’t reply to e-mail messages on other topics. <br /><br />Event dates, product specifications and promotion details are subject to change. Visit your local authorized Evinrude or Johnson dealer for more information. <br /><br />Copyright 2002 Bombardier. All rights reserved. Bombardier permits reproduction of the contents of this e-mail for publicity and promotional purposes. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. Mention of third-party products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither a recommendation nor an endorsement. <br /><br />To unsubscribe, follow this link / Pour retirer votre nom de notre liste d'envoie, cliquer sur ce lien

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Some news from Bombardier-John/Rude

This all sounds great for anyone purchassing a new motor in the States.<br /><br />It would be nice if Bombardier could put as much effort into helping people who run older engines on the other side of the pond. I personaly would love to have a brand new motor but with family comitments I cannot justify on at the moment, insted I am running a '71 125hp. It's a nice motor that seems to run very well having just been fully rebuilt. I would be even happier with it if I thought that parts would be easy to get, there are very few dealers in the U.K who will even bother with parts for these older motors due to the problems they get with delivery, and who can blame them, I've had several parts on order for over 9 weeks now. When I phone enquiring as to delivery they are unable to give me any information other than they are on back order and could arrive at any time.<br /><br />I will be purchasing a new motor in a few years time, if this is an indication of the service I can expect from Bombardier why should I purchase a new Evinrude???

ob

Admiral

You have to realize that your motor is of vintage age and even auto manufacturers don't stock or produce parts for vintage autos.It simply is not cost effective.Perhaps restoration outfits in time will buy the specs and begin producing replacement OEM parts if demand dictates it .I was pleased to see that my local dealer gave me a 10 dollar rebate mail in for purchase of future parts for my motor when I bought a waterpump kit.Part of the incentive package the djohns mentioned.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

RPJS, I am sorry you are having problems getting parts over there. I can say that most parts are available here fairly quickly for the older motors. I needed two parts for my '57 Evirude. My dealer had one in stock and the other came in 2 days later. I was suprised. I was worried when I heard Bombardier specified that they would only support 2001 and newer models when they purchased a portion of OMC, but I have been suprised on parts so far. I can say I don't blame Bombardier for specifically buying and supporting the newer OMC. There was a heck of a lot of debt involved with the other portions of OMC. The losses at OMC just before the end were unbelievable. Good luck on getting your parts. I hope you have better luck in the future. -Scoop

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Scoop, you hit the nail on the head. Parts for these older motors seem to be easialy obtainable in the USA, you seem to have a great network of dealers able to supply parts very rapidly, the same cannot be said for over here, after a lot of telephone calls & E Mails the only dealer I could find who would order parts for me is over 300 miles away. I tried E Mailling over 50 US dealers and from those who botherd to reply there was none who were willing to ship to the UK.

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer

RPJS,<br /><br />Contact Gary at www.garysmarine.com - I don't know if he is/was one of the US dealers you contacted, but he can & will ship anywhere in the world.<br /><br />-John