johnson115hp

fishingsalt

Cadet
HI boaters!<br />I have a johnson 1970 115hp 4cyl.It has no spark<br />no pulse to amp.This unit has what omc calls sensor on the lower plate where the points should be.I haved tried to find this part everyware.If anyone knows where i can get one let me know!!!<br />fishingsalt2002@yahoo.com<br />thank! fellow boater.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: johnson115hp

Sensor Coil? Any OMC dealer should at least be able to order you one.. :confused: Heck they should have one in stock...

fishingsalt

Cadet

Thanks for the reply snapperbait!!!!<br />I have tried untold amounts of omc dealers thay all say the same thing (discontinued)if you know of one let me know!!! again its called a sensor<br />Thanks again.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'll check some dealers around here tommrow & let ya know what I find out....Discontinued :confused: Oh I hope not.. :(

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Hey fishingsalt: Well it doesnt look too good.. :( <br />Talked to my buddy at the dealership.. Says part has been discontinued since 1994.. He said to give this place a try 1-(713)-686-3011 they carry obsolete OMC parts..I know another guy here in town who has something like an outboard junk yard... :confused: Might have a used one???Might have a new one?? (561)-965-0099 ask for Red.. Another thought crossed my mind... You might be able to use the complete ignition system from a newer motor... Many of the old blocks were the same or very similar to the later ones...Find a mid to late 80's 80-120 HP & take a look.... P.S. Try posting that question... Let me know how ya make out....

fishingsalt

Cadet

Hey snapperbait <br />thanks for the tip "both" places had my part!!<br />isn't it amazing somthing about 1/10th of an ounce can cost almost $200.00 <br />thanks again.<br /><br />STILL FISHING

fishingsalt

Cadet

djohns19 thanks for reply.<br />I will also check out the web site you sent!!<br /><br />STILL FISHING!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

OUCH!!!!! Well I guess they Know they gotcha.. Hope all works out...... :cool:

ledgefinder

Ensign

You're actually fortunate that it's the sensor that's gone - the powerpack is more expensive to replace. Keep an eye on eBay, the sensors for these motors are typically $15 +/-. <br /><br />The 1969 thru 1972 OMC V4s came with two styles of ignitions; sensor-trigger & points. The higher-dollar motors came with the sensors (1972 & 1 125, 1969 & 70 115), the less expensive (85 hp) came with points, not sure which 100hp had which triggering mechanism. The sensor & points style system used different powerpacks.<br /><br />So, be aware than you can swap over one to the other - all of the cranks has two holes (for sensor) and a cam (for the points). I should mention that I have been told this by a good source, but haven't verified it myself yet. If you've already got to pull the flywheel to replace the sensor, not much more work to swap the entire system. Just telling you this so that you have more options in terms of what to buy, if you can scare up some used parts. I like the points style better because it's one less thing to break that I can't fix (anybody can fix points). If you do the swap, you need both the points-style timerbase, and the corresponding power pack.