Carb. Help Once Again

RICKRICK1

Ensign
did u replace the needle and seat? sounds like that is you problem and if you did they are not set right.

Remkid

Cadet
Carb. Help Once Again

The carb. on my 1988 Johnson 6 hp has been giving me trouble for a while now and i have prob made about 8 posts cocerning it. When I hook it up to my motor, gas comes out of the top of the carb. It seems that the float moves up and down fine, and i think it is seating properly but when i flip the carb. over and blow in the hose connection that runs through the bowl, I can still blow air in it. The air comes out of a little screen vent on the side of the carb. I have the right gaskets on it, but i dont know what is wrong. Anyone with help or suggestions, PLEASE reply. Oh yeah, and i you have a used carb. for this motor, I need one!

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Carb. Help Once Again

Did you use a kit from J/E or somebody else?<br /><br />Let us know!

Remkid

Cadet

I bought the kit from a Marine shop from around here and it said Johnson/Evinrude on it, and all the the pieces matched the ones i had on the carb. before.

Remkid

Cadet

Are you talking about the needle and seat in the float bowl?? Yes, i did replace those, but im really not sure if its working or not, but it seems like it does. Because when i flip the carb. over i can blow in the gas nipple that is connected to the bowl but i cant blow in the other nipple. Any suggestions?

im_tawd

Cadet

hi, im not sure what type of float is in your bowl but ive seen some floats with cracks that allow them to fill up with gas and not raise up and cut off the gas inlet. Just a guess

Remkid

Cadet

Thanks for the suggestion, but the float i have in the carb. is brand new and it doesnt have any cracks or anything in it, everything in the carb. is new. ****, i need some help!! THANKS!!

RICKRICK1

Ensign

still sounds like the needle and seat are not working properly. When you pump the bulb do you get gas out of the carb and does the bulb get firm (hard). What does the manual say the needle and seat are adjusted to.