plug wires

taz33911

Seaman
Is there any place online to get plug wires for a 1962 10hp. Evinrude ? Or will a car plug wire work till I can get the correct one? Oh by the way still looking for the gear for my throttle guys.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: plug wires

Almost every J/E dealer will have a spool of plug wire in stock, and cut you off any length you want. It is Packard 440 solid core wire, automotive resistance wire will not work.

phree_1

Cadet

seahorse <br />I have a 1976 chrysler 35HP and I was thinking of replacing the wires, at least testing them. I was going to use some automotive wires to test with.<br />The plug wires on the boat do not look any different than automotive wires. How do I know if I have a solid core wire or not on the boat?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Phree 1 Take the spark plug boot off the wire and look at the terminal.. You be able to see the end of the wire.. If it looks like stranded wire it's solid core.. P.s spray WD40 or similar on the inside of the boot. It will come off and go back on alot easier.. ;)

BillP

Captain

Hey taz...ditto...those plug wires are solid core stainless and the correct wire to use. Don't waste your money on auto wires.