PWC tow bar behind Houseboat

tmccormick

Recruit
I have seen tow bar type attachments (has a V shape) attached to swim platform and also ramp type setups, that both allow you to easily tow your PWC's behind your houseboat to where you want to anchor. Seems much better than towing with a rope. Does anyone know where to find either of these rigs? I have searched West, Overton, Boater's World and can't find. Does anyone have a link to a place that sells these devices?<br />Thank you for any help,<br />Tommy

tmccormick

Recruit
Re: PWC tow bar behind Houseboat

Thanks roscoe,<br />That is more than I could ever find. I have also seen one that bolts to the swim platform and has a V shaped bar that swings down for the bow of the PWC to seat into. It is not like a tow rope but more ridgidly holds the PWC close to the boat. Do you have any idea where something like that is available.<br />Again, thanks for the link to the Towdster.<br />Tommy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You can buy them directly from the manufactirer.<br />Scroll down near bottom of that page and click "products/pricing", to see the items up close, and the price. They also have videos of the products in use.<br /><br />Their toll free # is 1-888-330-5833

sporter

Cadet

I may have two of the type you are talking about. I used them to tow my two 1994 Polaris PWCs. They are heavy steel coated with black heavy duty plastic. They are permanently (SS bolts) attached to the swim platform, you drive the PWC into the V and then pull a nylon strap across the nose (bow). They worked great. I let a boat dealer store them for me so not sure he still has them.