cooling problem with 1.5 HP evinrude

I have a nice little Evinrude 1.5 HP outboard. I believe it is a 1969 model. It runs ok, but after 5-10 minutes its sizzeling inside like its boiling over. <br />Can someone tell me where the waterpump is located?<br />And maybe if its possible still to get spareparts?<br />I would also be happy if someone can tell a little about how to adjust the carburators two adjustment-screws.<br />The engine-plate reads:<br />"Serial number: 1902 C B 5434, Evinrude motors,<br />Bruges, Belgium" <br />Your sincerly, Mikkel Kiilerich, Denmark

fishunter15

Cadet
Re: cooling problem with 1.5 HP evinrude

The water pump on that motor is located in the case right above the lower unit. It uses an impeller type pump. If your getting no water to the block it's probably cause the water tube that runs from impeller to block is either clogged or broken. While you are checking tube you should also replace impeller. Parts should be readily available for that motor..

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: cooling problem with 1.5 HP evinrude

Parts for that engine are still available. Your local Johnson/Evinrude dealer should be able to help you with a new water pump kit. <br />As for setting the carburator adjustments, follow this link and read Joe Reeves post. I think he explains it best.<br /><br />Good luck!