throttle linkage johnson 150

RJON

Recruit
Ooops! I removed the 3 carbs from my johnson 150 and popped off the little metal rod that connects the throttle shafts so they all open & close in sync :eek: before noting exactly how to put it back. I have Clymer's manual but the photo of how the rod is supposed to go back on leaves alot to be desired. First question:Are all three carbs supposed to be open/shut at the same time? Second question: How do I get the rod back in place so they all open/shut at the same time!?! It's driving me nuts!<br /><br />Thanks,

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer
Re: throttle linkage johnson 150

Hey RJON,<br />Yes, all three carbs must be synchronized to open/close at exactly the same time. Kinda hard to describe how the linkage goes back on (for me at least). You should have a section in your manual explaining link/sync procedures. Hope it helps.<br />Backlash

RJON

Recruit

OK, all three should open and close at exactly the same time. Got it. Now I have to figure out how to get the connecting rod back in place so that all three WILL open/close at the same time.<br /><br />A couple of questions on that point:<br />1. Should the rod snap into the little cylindrical plastic pieces?<br /><br />2. Should the little metal part of the rod that sticks out at 90 degrees in the middle face starboard or port?<br /><br />3. Should the part of the rod that makes an "L" shape" be at the top or bottom carb?<br /><br />I think if I knew for sure what the orientation should be I could figure it out. I just keep trying different orientations and getting frustrated. Thanks for your interest in helping me.

RJON

Recruit

I figured it out. The linkage rod faces to starboard. That is the little parts that stick out at 90 degrees should be stickng out to starboard and actually stick into the platic retaining clips like a male/female coupling. The single 90 degree turned part goes up and the squiggly squarish turned part goes down. Once you see it, it makes perfect sense. Sort of feel stupid it took me three times looking at it to understand!