what now- 72 125hp johnson

LOSTBOATER72

Seaman Apprentice
HELP!! Anyone...<br /><br />I recently purchased as new powerpack that came with a new coil and installed them on my own as it was not diffult in the least but now the engine turns over but will not start. Before the powerpack went out it was very cold blooded but I thought it was probably due to the powerpack going out. Now that the engine is turning over as good as ever it will not start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Looking to hit the lake on Sunday this weekend so the sooner the better and the easier the solution the better. I have yet to run voltage tests on the board which I will have to do tomorrow. THANKS!<br /><br />LostBoater72. :confused: :mad:

Franki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: what now- 72 125hp johnson

well, perhaps you should illinimate everything else first. do you have a spark???<br /><br />if not then start checking the volages .. I just changed my powerpack not that long ago, went flawlessly for me.<br /><br />I suppose checking for voltage at the coil would be a good start, but if you do a search for "powerpack" and "schematic" you'll probably find a lot of posts from him that go into actual voltages, impediances etc...<br /><br />regards<br /><br />Frank