:I NEED MORE HELP........PLEASE:

mobiouss

Cadet
I HAVE A JOHNSON 25R69B ENGINE<br />WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS,CAN ANY ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE FOUR VERTICAL MARKS ARE ON THE STATER PLATE OF THIS ENGINE.<br />I THINK THEY ARE LINKED WITH THE TIMING OF THIS ENGINE,TWO SEEM TO LINE UP WITH T.D.C ON BOTH POTS. THE OTHER TWO MARKS I THINK HAVE SOME THING TO DO WITH THE CARB SETTINGS I MAYBE WRONG.<br />IF ANY BODY CAN EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THESE MARKS ARE USED TO SET-UP MY ENGINE I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL, IAM JUST NOT REALLY SURE.<br />THANKING YOU ALL NOW IN ADVANCE :) <br />AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO JOE REEVE,"JOE WHAT YOU TOLD ME WAS SPOT ON THANKS MATE"..........MOBIOUSS.<br />mobiouss@hotmail.com

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: :I NEED MORE HELP........PLEASE:

Very interesting...<br />I am not quite sure what marks you are talking about.But the only thing you can do about timing with your engine is setting the points correctly.<br />The points (#580148)should be adjusted as follows.<br />Put the flywheel nut back on the crankshaft.Turn the crankshaft clockwise and at the same time look at the cam.You must set the points at 0.020" when the rubbing block of the point set is at the high point of the cam.Do this seperately for each set of points.<br />There are 2 marks on the armature cam that are about a 1/4 inch apart, these are for synchronizing the ignition and fuel system.<br />In other words:<br />Simply timing the carburation to the ignition.<br />The cam follower should be exactly in the middle between these two marks when the throttle shaft starts moving.<br />Take an aligator clip and stick a stiff piece of wire in one end,then set the clip on the throttle shaft.This will help you see the beginning of movement of the shaft.<br />You can adjust this by loosening the clamp on the throttle shaft and moving the roller to meet the armature cam.<br />Good luck ...mister

mobiouss

Cadet
Re: :I NEED MORE HELP........PLEASE:

ROLMOPS,MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP,IAM VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU,AND ALL THE OTHER FOLKS THAT HAVE GIVEN ME GOOD ADVICE FOR THIS VERY OLD JOHNSON 25HP ENGINE.<br />I WILL USE IT WELL:<br />ALL THE BEST TO YOU.......ALL..MOBIOUSS :)