Motor Identification and parts

Archer11ca

Cadet
I have an old Evinrude which was handed down to me after my fathers passing. The serial number is 3012-70016. I would like to know what year it is, get a manual for it and last but not least get it running again. It is a two cylinder and needs a coil and plug wires. It looks like my dad replaced one of the coils. The numbers on the replacement are 583249, 19ER-oA and 512154. Thanks for the help I know from veiwing other listing that someone here will be able to help

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: Motor Identification and parts

Hi Archer,<br /> Your motor is bout a 1954. Beleive it or not, you should be able to buy new ignition components right at your local Johnrude dealer. They used that magneto on various small motors up into the 1980s. You can also get the coils from NAPA (do they have those in Canada?) or anyone else that carries the Sierra line of aftermarket parts.<br /> I would definitely replace the waterpump impeller while you're at it. As for the spark plug wire, any metallic core 7mm wire will work...<br />- Scott

Archer11ca

Cadet
Re: Motor Identification and parts

Thanks Scott, I will be doing alot of work to try and get this back into shape. I'm not worried about the cost as this is for centimental reasons. I've found places on the net for manuals and will be ordering them shortly.