Johnson what year is it ?

BMWSTAN1

Cadet
Just purchased a 25 HP Johnson and am wondering what year and model it is . I did find the serial number on the side of the motor, E3606568 . Thanks from a first time visitor. Stan

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Johnson what year is it ?

Hi Stanley,<br /><br />I was able to run your serial number, it came up to a model number BE20SRER, which is a 1994 20 hp. Double check your number plate - With OMC outboards, the model number is more important than the serial (unless it's a warranty issue).<br /><br />-John

BMWSTAN1

Cadet

Dear John : <br /> Thanks for the reply. I double checked the number and that's correct. That may or may not be the ser. #. Im just learning about boat motors and from what I read this number is off a round plug on the side of the motor should be it? The tag is gone off the motor and I dont know what model it is. I think its pre 1977 tho after talking to some boat motor people. The white hood on it says its a Johnson sea horse 25. <br /><br /> searching Stan

BMWSTAN1

Cadet

By the way anyone looking at this , without knowing the year what sparkplugs do I buy ? I suspect the one's in there are wrong. I crossed them back in a sparkplug book and they belong in a 1984 motor . I suspect mine is pre-77'. Thanks for any help <br /><br /> Stanley