I wont give up !!!!!!

EX TECH

Recruit
I have 2 fuel pumps Im trying to install on 1955<br />evinrude fleetwin 7.5. one has spring returned <br />diaphram the other doesnt. hooking eather one to <br />crankcase hose doesnt work, even after removing check valve. I feel the hose needs to be located<br />in intake cover on one cyl only to increase the pulse. where does later motor have hose ???

EX TECH

Recruit
Re: I wont give up !!!!!!

sorry alcan i was researching another sight and didnt see your reply. did they make covers with <br />boss cast in for hose ? and would my cover be <br />thick enough to tap if im carefull /

alcan

Commander

Yes, later models had bosses cast but not drilled. And then they drilled them for pumps. If you were to find a used cover that was allready drilled that would be cool. you would have to buy a new pump to go with it. Yes your cover would be thick enough to tap. I would rather use another cover, with bosses. This is alot easier when your not in a hurry, less expencive also. Take your time snoop around get the right parts.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

The 7.5 Evinrude, nor any derivitive of it ever came with a fuel pump, so there aren't any intake covers with a boss cast into it that will fit your motor. The 7.5 was made in one form or another from 1949 to 1958, two years before fuel pumps made it onto the small OMCs.<br /><br />You'll have to close off one of the pressure holes in the reed plate so that your pressure pulse only feeds off of one cylinder. Having both holes open will only result in the pressure from one cylinder going back into the hole for the other cylinder. That's why your fuel pump wouldn't work when hooked up to the pressure feed fitting. JB-WELD should work to close off the hole. If you run a tap through the hole first, it'll give the JB Weld a better bite on the plate so it won't blow out.<br /><br />- Scott