Everyone Talks About the Weather...but...

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
I know this isn't really specifically a Boating question except that weather is of extreme importance to boating. So...<br /><br />What is your favorite Weather website?<br /><br />What I'm looking for is a site that I can set as my homepage so that as soon as I fire up the internet, a current radar or satellite image comes up of my area. I have one right now that I have to page-down to get to. I want the image right there...smack-dab in front of me...full screen. Any suggestions?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Everyone Talks About the Weather...but...

accuweather.com.<br />good radar and has pretty good marine feed also<br />that give wave heights etc.<br />has some pop-ups though, but for a few bucks/yr u<br />can have some nice extras.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I have used Weatherbug, it has always been very accurate, gives good radar and forcasts, but sometimes it messes the computer up, so I don't use it that often.

crab bait

Captain

i know.. "everyone talks about the weather but"<br /><br />nobody does anything about it.. :) <br /><br /><br />go the ( edit.. it don't work ) www.wunderground.com.. hands down the best.. type in your town or zip..<br /><br />go goggle ..type in weather underground

BillP

Captain

I use Intellicast for the best local radar summary. It shows the height of clouds and direction they are traveling. This is what I use for flying too. Here's the link for my area and you will have to find yours from there... <br /><br /> http://www.intellicast.com/Local/US...vereWeather&product=RadarSummary&prodnav=none <br /><br />One of the most informative sites I use for hurricanes and may have some stuff for your area.<br /><br /> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/herbwx/hurrican.html