evenrude 35hp i think?

sthawk

Cadet
I have a 1976 sea king with a 35hp outboard motor i think im not to sure about the motor sizeand year of the motor . Icould use some info on identifing the size and motor year model 25526 and serial 08170 and when you are at full throttle the motor kicks like a miss but not all the time slow speed it does the same thing its not jumping out of gear but its like its missing every now and again. would like some advice from anyone please.

sthawk

Cadet
Re: evenrude 35hp i think?

thank you for finding the year and hp for me i apprecate it. now can anyone tell me why it acts like it is missing or cutting out?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

sthawk <br /><br />Try new plugs(You probably have). Try running it at night and see if a spark is visable where it shouldn't be(Plug Wires, Ect.)going to ground.

sthawk

Cadet

thanks i will try that this weekend and see if that might be it. I will get back to you all if it isnt, thank you again

sthawk

Cadet

well im back and with worst news i now need the bottom drive gears for this motor it started jumping out of gear and i brought it home and tore it down the clutch dog dont look hurt but the sincernizer is shot any one now were i can find so new ones or good used ones?