Control Cables

Tedd

Cadet
I have a 1980 50 HP Johnson and I recently purchased a control box over EBAY that has control cables that mysteriously shrunk from 16' to 10' in transit. Live and learn. Anyway, I want to make sure I get the right things to replace the short cables. <br /><br />The motor ends of the cables are different for throttle and shift and I only see the OMC 479 type cables listed for 1979 and older motors. Is there a place I can order them with the ends already on or do I need to order and assemble them myself? If I need to assemble them, are there any special tools I will need.<br /><br />Is the control box ends the same for all OMC control boxes and would they be part of the cable assembly?<br /><br />Any recomendations on a reputable online dealer for these?<br /><br />Thanks in advance for any help<br /><br />Tedd

Kuni

Cadet
Re: Control Cables

both cables should be the same at both ends try taking the cables out of the remote box and then compare again you should find they are the same.<br />control boxes differ from model to model but i'm pretty sure they still use the same cables ,should be just the length that varies.<br />at least thats correct in new zealand.