I NEED HELP!!! Evinrude 150

TrenchFisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1986 Evinrude 150 HP and it crapped the bed. I just pulled it all apart and found one piston really scuffed and the cylinder wall not too healthy. I did find out something interesting though when i pulled the rest of the cylinders out :confused: . I guess the last time this motor was overhauled 2 of the 6 cylinders were bored .030 over. Is that a viable fix if you want a reliable engine? When i rebuild this i wanna make sure this won't happen again for a long time. Should i leave the cylinders like they are and hone them or go get them all .030? Any help will HELP!!! :confused:

rwise

Captain
Re: I NEED HELP!!! Evinrude 150

shaun<br />though it may not have made a noticable differance in the engine I want mine to have the same bore on all cylinders. Sound like some one just made it run to sell it. just my $.02!<br />Richard

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: I NEED HELP!!! Evinrude 150

It is perfectly acceptable to bore only one cylinder in a two stroke outboard. The most important thing is to find out why it did what it did. I believe when you measure the cylinders you will find you are going to bore them all anyway. <br /><br />Good luck!