HELP- Johnson Outboard

hshsshopman

Recruit
I am tahe small engines instructor at a small high school and I have a student who has a Johnson model # 15r74s that they are working on. Does anyone have info/repairmanual on this engine? I told them to tune it up and leave at that but they want to tear it down. I'm not comfortable without a repair manual or at least a diagram of parts. You can email me at garybrashear@hotmail.com or post here. :confused:

Waco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: HELP- Johnson Outboard

I have a manual, what information do you need?

hshsshopman

Recruit

WACO_ I need a parts diagram, any info on parts numbers for magneto- other disassembly info, etc. :) what would be cost to photocopy manual main parts?

Waco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll try to remember to bring the manual to work with me tomorrow. I can scan photos out of the book if that would help.

hshsshopman

Recruit

That would be great. You could email them to: garybrashear@hotmail.com<br />These kids are having a blast working on this thing I want it to work for them in the end.<br />one of the magneto coils is cracked and I suspect will need replacing if They can find one.Thanks again. Gary Brashear

alcan

Commander

Hi shopman<br />Don't forget to send your students to the public library. They should be able to find a copy of an after market manual. Hec ya, they have to take it apart, just to see what makes it work. Didn't you? I did and still do. The parts are available. Might cost a little money for this project (learning expirence). But I think it will be well worth it. Also the students can get on is board with their questions. Looks like a win win deal to me.

hshsshopman

Recruit

Waco- Did you get to copy any of the manual?<br />we can't figure out how to get the shroud off? :eek:

cindytim

Seaman Apprentice

you can order manuals from any marine shop,,cost about 17 bucs depending on how old...it is worth it

Waco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

shopman...sorry for the delay. To be honest I have not remembered to bring it to work with me. Do you have a library at school? They should have what your looking for, it would be convienent and educational for your students.