Paint code???

petryshyn

Commander
I have a 1986 90hp evinrude (light blue). Does anyone know where I can find a paint code?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Paint code???

I believe thats what they called "Silver Blue". PPG refinish code 34486. Color code 83SE1. E/J spray can part number 771235. Hope that helps.<br /><br />Good luck!

petryshyn

Commander

wow, the only thing you didn't do is paint it for me!! thanks alot!! :)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

If that's the right color! LOL!<br /><br />How'd you make out with Tom and the splines?<br /><br />Good luck!

petryshyn

Commander

Tom said he could do the repairs as you said!! Only problem is by time I send the parts to him, pay the difference in US dollars and pay shipping back it'll cost too much. I found a used crank and shaft in Vancouver for $700.00, but I'm still toying with the idea of repairing it myself. I have a lathe and milling machine at my disposal. I'm just a little paranoid about losing my block if the crank fails. Thanks alot for your input!! :)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I see your point. Didn't realize you were that far away. Glad you were able to find the good parts.<br /><br />Good luck!

petryshyn

Commander

I'd sure like to know how Tom repairs the splines. I couldn't find anyone in western Canada who would tackle this. I've heard that these cranks are known to break on occation. Is there a common area which lets go? :confused:

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Basically we take a crank with a bad journal that has good splines and cut off the bottom of the crank. We cut the bad splines off and press/weld the good ones on. It's a bit more complicated than that but that's the general idea.<br /><br />Cranks that have had journals repaired sometimes break around the #1 rod journal. I have ran the stock V4 crossflow crank (like yours) at over 7000 RPM and never had a problem. <br /><br />Good luck!