98/70 hp johnson charging prob

chick

Recruit
my bat. will not hold a charge. new this season all started after i changed plugs???<br />My tach all of a sudden stopped working at the same time??? volts vary from high 11's to low 12's while motoe is running if i let a fully charged bat sit for 1 1/2 days it fully drains any suggestions would be great.<br /><br />thanks

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 98/70 hp johnson charging prob

Check wires, regulator, stator.

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer

From what you describe, it doesn't sound like your charging system is working at all. Is your battery new? If so...did you replace it the same time you replaced your plugs? Although unlikely, new batteries can fail. The fact that your tach has failed is also good info...however, I'm not sure what it indicates. Where's JB when ya need him??<br /><br />I'm suspecting all your problems are related to one failure...probably within the charging system itself. Follow Clanton's advice and keep us posted. <br /><br />Good luck to ya...<br /><br /><br />Walt

chick

Recruit

Thanks for the replies.<br /><br />I am chick's wife, he's up N. He took it to a marine mech and he suggested it was the regulator. Said, it was easy to replace it yourself. Just have to wait for the part.<br /><br />I've got my fingers crossed.<br /><br />Thanks again