70 HP Evinrude Outboard Won't Start

davealex

Recruit
I was cruising along in a 28-foot pontoon (pulling a tuber) and the fuel/oil lines popped off my 1985 75hp Evinrude engine. A little metal clip holds them on (to a fuel/oil mixer/injector?) and when it came off, it automatically closed so no oil or fuel spewed out. But of course the engine died. (A repair guy replaced a steering cable near the engine the day before and I don't think he hooked the fuel/oil lines back on the hose holder, which keeps the lines secured to the side of the motor, so it was probably flailing around before it came off.) I re-connected the fuel/oil lines and tried to restart. No good. I squeezed the little fuel line bulb and tried. No good. I had to get towed back to my dock. Any suggestions on how I can get this thing started again? Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Dave

davealex

Recruit
Re: 70 HP Evinrude Outboard Won't Start

PS. I just ordered 1 "Evinrude/Johnson Outboard Shop Manual 48-235 Hp, 1973 1990 (Clymer Marine Repair Series)" so I won't have to ask stupid questions like this in the future. But I am dead in the water (with the kids!) until I get this thing going...<br /><br />Any help before I get the book is much appreciated. Thanks.<br /><br />Dave