Zephyr

Gunz

Recruit
I have an old Evinrude Zephyr, ser#4404-41687. I would like to know if I can get a manual and if replacement parts for the pull starter can be had anywhere. It has 4 spark plugs but can't be more than about 5hp I think. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Is this a 1936 model?

fishingshirts

Recruit
Re: Zephyr

I also have an older Evinrude Zephyr motor. Serial # 4404-28503 Are there any ways to find out the year or other info? Thanks, 1st time on here.

Mas

Lieutenant Commander

This thread is 10 years old...

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

My ears were burning as though someone was talking about me. :D:D but yea, this thread is ten years old and the mods frown on bringing them up. You may want to post a new thread fishingshirts. Welcome to iBoats

fishingshirts

Recruit

This thread is 10 years old...

I didn't notice the date, but had the feeling I was doing something dumb. That's why I mentioned 1st timer. Thanks for the info, not sure what i will to do with the motor but I am pretty sure it is going to run with some new fuel. Thanks!

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

It's a Zephyr. Usually some cleaning up and they're fine. Clean the points and re-gap them too and put a little tiny bit of oil on the pushrods for the points, so they don't wear closed.

But yea, in the future, you'll want to start a new thread, rather than reviving old threads. Sometimes we make mistakes, it happens, but just thought I would let you know. Welcome to iBoats and have fun with that Zephyr. I have restored two of those in the past.:cool: