Evinrude Parts-1986 150 Limited Edition

RichS

Recruit
Is anybody having trouble getting Evinrude parts. Local dealer has part ordered since last winter. Says problem is due to Evinrude buyout. Any info appreciated.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Evinrude Parts-1986 150 Limited Edition

Yes .JOHNSON / EVINRUDE /OMC filed bankruptcy in December of last year.They have recently been aquired by bombardier,the same co. that makes SEA DOO and owns LEAR JET.Lets hope they can get them back on track.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Like Clanton said... What Parts are needed??????

RichS

Recruit

My 150 Evinrude developed a slight miss at high speed-you could feel the boat drop slight speed. We looked at plugs and from appearance the lowest cylinder on port side looked like the problem. Local dealer analyzed problem to be oil leaking from vro into cylinder-said that's cylinder that controls vro. Don't know what part he has ordered, but can't get.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

You've been waiting all this time for a pulse limiter?Dosen't sound right to me.How about you guys out there?

Dunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your VRO works on a crankcase pulse. If your getting oil down that line from the VRO then the oil side of the VRO needs rebuilt. 15.00 kit and anyone can do it.. The diaphram in there could have hole in it. I'm not sure I would run that engine like that she may not be getting the right amount of oil. I'd have the dealer run the standard tests on the VRO to make sure it's working.<br /><br /> Yes, the Pluse limiters were updated a few years back. The old ones were black the new ones are blue. About 20.00 part. Call another dealer.

RichS

Recruit

I sure appreciate all the information from you guys. I have never done much wrench turning on outboards. Not afraid of auto engines but real intimidated by the outboard. I am real happy I found this bulletin board. Thanks again for the help and info. I'll let you know how this turns out.