can i put a long shaft on a 25inch transom if i use a jackplate

hi i was just wondering if i can put a long shaft outboard on a transom that took an extra long shaft outboard if i use a jack plate ? the boat is a 1980 22ft. starcraft islander aluminum the transom is 25 inchs . also any sites if it would work where i could find a jackplate to do this job ? thanks all.

bonitoman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: can i put a long shaft on a 25inch transom if i use a jackplate

Hi, You do not need a jackplate but a setback plate. It is similar to a jackplate but does not move. It is even with the top of your transom and must be at least 8 - 10inches. price is usually $200-$300 . I bought mine at bobs machine in miami and put a 20inch shaft 110 johnson on a 25 inch transom and it works great. Good luck

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

CMC makes one for all motors that cost $135.00 at a discount marine store. The one at the top of the page in this link I'm furnishing should get you started. This is the actual manufacturers site. Adjustable, VERY well made and looks great when installed.<br /> web page

93bronco

Ensign

i had asked that ? and was told that depending on how it sat you mite not be able to use the tilt and trim to its fullest.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Most of the Jackplates have a certain amout of "Set-back"(6", 8", 10") from the transom and should not interfere with the T&T operation. Might want to check with the Manufactuer to be sure.