New Plugs - Less RPM WOT

Mattash

Seaman Apprentice
Hey Guy's,<br />I have the trusty Ol' 225 V6 "Looper" 1992 Johnson. Based on JB/Dhadley/and Dunk's recommendation , I wanted to replace the plugs with the correct Champion plugs. I got a set of 6 QL77-JC4's and when I went to replace the old plugs , I noticed they were NGK-...something. I replaced them with the 77's and now my WOT went from 5500 down to 5300. Is this normal or should I put the old NGK's back in. Or maybe use the Champs and re-prop???<br />Thanks for any input.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New Plugs - Less RPM WOT

Beats me, Joe. Did you use the .040 or .030 gap? I think this one is for Dhadley or Dunk.<br /><br />Luck.<br />JB
smile.gif

Mattash

Seaman Apprentice

J.B, I used the .030 gap. It should be noted that at 3000-4500 it runs much smoother, also instantaneous starts, etc. . I also noted more smoke in the exhaust with the Champs for the first 30 minutes or so. Now there is just a slight hint of blue smoke from the exhaust. I wonder why there is a difference in smoke from day to day. Could this be an oil pump issue or is this normal?<br /><br />Thanks again J.B.

Mattash

Seaman Apprentice

J.B, I used the .030 gap. It should be noted that at 3000-4500 it runs much smoother, also instantaneous starts, etc. . I also noted more smoke in the exhaust with the Champs for the first 30 minutes or so. Now there is just a slight hint of blue smoke from the exhaust. I wonder why there is a difference in smoke from day to day. Could this be an oil pump issue or is this normal?<br /><br />Thanks again J.B.

Paddling

Seaman

Hi all. I am having trouble finding champion QUL-77V and UL-77V plugs for my '86 150 Erude locally. Have these plugs been superceded by a newer plug?

Paddling

Seaman

Excuse me RI JOE, I thought I was posting a new topic. There has been more than one time when a preview and edit feature would be nice.