motor pulls hard

Duckin

Recruit
I have a 1999 17' Lowe Roughneck boat, and a 1996 35hp Evinrude outboard. The motor pulls hard (very hard), the tiller handle wants to go to the left. I have adjusted the trim tab with no results. I have an extender handle on the motor, so I think it should be easier to hang on to (more leverage), but if you loosen your grip for a second, the motor will yank the handle right out of your hand.<br /><br />Thanks for any help:<br /><br />Gabe

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: motor pulls hard

When your boat is on the trailer, look at the skeg and lower unit. Line-up with the bow as best you can,and look for something not in line. A bent keel runner can cause this too.<br />The outboard should be perfectly vertical to the hull,and dead-enter.<br />You can also tighten up the steering tensioner to minimize the effect (if your motor is so equipped, I don't remember).<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />the Early bird get's the worm...So, he don't have to stop for bait.

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: motor pulls hard

Stop at the Marina and buy a Torque Tab,about $16. You can put it on your self.<br />One other thing like 12 Footer eluded to,is that the motor may be mounted to low on the transom. This will cause the same problem.<br />Good luck Gabe.<br /><br />------------------<br />...have fun...corm<br /><br />cubic inches = power<br />power = speed<br />speed = FUN<br /><br />Email me if you need to.