convert from tiller steering to remote

graybeard

Recruit
Upgrades my 27 year original owner skiff last year to an 18 foot al skiff with 35 Hp electric start Johnson model year 2000, yeah I know bad timing anyway order tiller steering and found that I am older and the motor is bigger and I would like to convert to remote steering and control was looking at Morse steering and wasnt sure what adapters are required (looks like transom mount but didnt know if I needed additional adapter for Johnson 40hp and less) When I remove the tiller there are two bolts I am left with two tapped holes and no sure idea how the steering cable will connect to them. Asking two West Marine type salesman and one phone in internet dealer showed me that I alrteady know more than there sales staff!!! anyone with knowledge of hookup willing to share would be appreciated. Picked up a used remote control and new cables of right length at flea market there is a 6 conducter pigtail on remote control box that looks the same as 6 conducter plug on my motor is there a premade harness I could get from marine supplied or should I cut and splice cable?<br />Thanks to anyone who has the time knowledge and inclination to respond<br /><br />Graybeard