96 105 johnson jet power

donell

Recruit
the 20 amp fuse in the engine compartment keeps blowing.is it the relays.it does have power tilt.ive heard that omc has alot of wiring problems is that true?the boat is a 96 roughneck made by lowe.any help is appreciated.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 96 105 johnson jet power

You got me,donell. I have never worked on a jet boat, except for a jet ski.<br />But what doesn't work when the fuse blows?<br />Whatever that fuse is protecting has failed.<br />It is drawing more current than the wires and charging circuit can handle.<br />If it is the trim/tilt motor that is blowing the fuse, unbolt it from the paltes and try to manipulate the tabs, outdrive, ect by hand. Also,operate the motor without this load to see if the fuse hangs in. It may just mean the outdrive or plates need gresing and freeing-up. If they are too stiff,they will overload the motor,thus raising the current draw , thus popping the fuse.

donell

Recruit
Re: 96 105 johnson jet power

thanx 12footer. there was no power to the key or the tilt.i found the problem though.i just started tracing wires and found a hot wire that had rubbed through on a sharp edge on the center console.just retaped it and im ready for the water again.