Question for 12 footer

Digdug

Petty Officer 3rd Class
12Ft. In a previous post you mentioned recirculation hose on my 1994 Evinrude 120hp. Is that the hose that connects to the bottom of plastic breather assembly that covers the carbs? If so what is the purpose of this hose? I disconnected the one on my engine and plugged it off. Is this hose necessary?? Thanks :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Question for 12 footer

It might be, but i don't know. Most 2 cycle engines have a recirculation line, that runs from the block to the carb intake, or reed box somewhare. It's purpose is to bring unburnt fuel,and send it thru for "one more go" at burning it.<br />It will look like a rubber fuel line, only smaller diamemeter on most engines.<br />At any rate, I would re-install this diosconnected hose just because it's there.

Digdug

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes, it goes from carb intake to block. I had disconnected it because the breather assembly seems to be a catch all for dirt and then it gets sucked back into engine. I will clean up breather assembly real good and reconnect hose. <br /><br />Thanks.....Doug

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I undestand. That goo does tend to collect particles of dust. But that tube keeps the unburnt fuel from accumulating in the crankcase. I would do just that (re-install it, and just keep the intake clean with a rag or some decarb cleaner).