Evinrude Oil Injection

Roger Will

Recruit
We have just purchased '92 Kencraft with a '92 Evinrude 140 HP V4. Have put about 5 hours on it and it appears to be living up to its expectations. The oil injection system has been disconnected. We have heard this system had problems in this model. Would like to know what the problems were and if it would be advisable to reinstall the oil injection. Sure is a lot more convenient than trying to compute how much oil to add when filling the tank.<br /><br />Thanks for any info --<br /><br />Rog

D

DJ

Re: Evinrude Oil Injection

Rogerwont,<br /><br />I have run several OMC's with the oil injection system and have never had a moments trouble with them.<br /><br />I would have a dealer (a good one) hook it up and make sure it works. You may even want to run pre-mix along with the oil injection for a while just to satisfy yourself it's working.<br /><br />This is probably the only reply you will get telling you to hook it up and use it.<br /><br />MY OPINION!

Philby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Evinrude Oil Injection

Ditto Djohns<br /><br />I,ve run my VRO for years no problem.<br /><br />Trust the warning horn , it's there for a reason.<br /><br />Always check the oil flow through the see through pipe and that the prime bulb is hard.<br /><br />Fresh oil every season and reprime<br /><br />Works for me.