Evinrude VRO

1ojg

Recruit
I am planning to replace the VRO on my 1987 140 evinrude with a non-VRO. Anyone out there that can supply the proper pump and part numbers would be highly appreciated.<br />Also how about pump mounting kit or bracket?<br />And COST?<br /><br />Thanks<br />Jack

Paddling

Seaman
Re: Evinrude VRO

There have been many threads dealing with the OMC vros. You can search back for vro and find several. It seems that most often the oil side of the pump fails, not the fuel side so everyone just disconnects and plugs the oil line, disconnects the oil warning circuits and pre-mixes the correct ratio. :)

1ojg

Recruit

I agree that the oil side that normally fails but this time its the gas. Need new pump.<br /><br />Thanks<br />J Godwin

Rex

Chief Petty Officer

THAT THE EASY WAY TO DO IT, BUT I WOULD<br />CHECK THE OUTPUT TO MAKE SURE IT SEAL AND<br />IF NOT GO THE EASY WAY AND SAVE SOME MONEY.<br />GOOD LUCK <br /> REX A. HUBBLE

clanton

Rear Admiral

I can not find a number for a regular pump for this engine.One of the older 70 hp might work, but Im not sure. The pump should pump atleast 15 gallons an hour.

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check out the fuel pump from one of the "Specials", like the 88 or 112. They didn't have VRO, and may be just what you're looking for.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Some of the older V4 looper commercial engines had "standard" fuel pumps. There were two of them hooked in series. You have to drill and tap another pulse line fitting boss on the crankcase (front) side. Just in case you try this remember the vacuum sensor hose goes in the first pump. <br /><br />It's a whole lot easier, as the guys have stated, to cap off the oil line fitting and pre mix.<br /><br />Just as a note -- the VRO style pumps actually are capeable of pumping more fuel than the "standard" pumps. That's why you will need two. <br /><br />Be careful and good luck!