Check this out..

Wild Bass Man

Recruit
Few small questions for you guys, this link http://www.marinerschoicemarine.com/AriesPhotos.html has a picture of a boat im thinking about buying but im not sure if its a good price or not, he is asking $6990.00 for this boat and it has a 112 johnson motor on it. I looked at the boat and its in very good condition but when i do some price checking online it comes out to $2600 for the motor and $2800 for the boat max. What do you guys think?

Cwr

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Check this out..

Call a local bank or financial agent and see what the loan value and retail value is in their eyes. I think a 18 ft boat with a 112 motor may be a little underpowered. That's just my opinion though.

kev_79

Petty Officer 1st Class

Personally, I would be willing to pay around 4500-5000 for it. I really can't tell about all the bells and whistles that it has though. 7K sounds a little high to me. FYI: A 112 on that boat will probably push you in the 40-50 mph range, maybe a bit more if your lucky, but this is an educated guess. Good Luck, tell us what you decide<br /> :D

kevlar3000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think it is a bit high.... There are a ton of great baots in that price range and you should be able to find more power than that if it is your desire. If you are gonna spend 7000.00 then you should not have to compromise on any potential want that you have. You can find great boats with that much power at half the price if you look around enough. Think about what your needs are, even post them here and we will be happy to help you. This time of year is a great time to find boat deals.....