Evinrude FICHT Guru's

mjake

Cadet
I have a 200 FIcht, year model 2000. Engine has been rebuilt with new pistons, main bearings and one new rod. The engine is running great except for the voltage output. I have to keep charging my starting battery every time i come off the water. I check the voltage on my GPS and it stays around 12 to 12.4. Never increase when i give it throttle. When i put accessories on, the GPS shows the voltage dropping below 12 and then goes back up to 12 when given the throttle but never increases above 12 or 12.4. Is it the stator, voltage rectifier or some other problems. any help is appreciated. :confused: :confused: :confused:

eman2333

Recruit
Re: Evinrude FICHT Guru's

Hey!<br /><br />I work for Bombardier at the facility that produces the Direct Injection system which includes the Electronic Engine Management System. Call our main line at 262-740-5000. When you get an operator ask for Dave Koen or Rich Grady. They will most likely be able to tell you what is wrong. Both are very familar with diagnosing problems with motors. Not that we have many... Please keep buying our motors and be on the lookout for our newest E-tec motors in late fall. They will be out of this world ...cool! <br /><br />FYI...Let them know Erik G. told you to call them.

tsmietana

Cadet

eman2333 <br />First Mate <br />Member # 26668 <br /><br />Since you work for Bombardier maybe you can answer a question for me. I have 2000 150 Evinrude that has had two problems. The fisrt was a bad oil pump, and the second was one leaking injector. I have had the injector and the pump replaced. How have the 2000's 150 really been? Are there a lot of motor that have blowen up, or is it a minority? Thanks Ted

jdkzrt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey eman!<br />Did you happen to notice how many members there are that use these forums (27,000).<br />How much time do you think the two guys whose names you passed out will have to do their jobs once that phone # you also passed out starts ringing on Monday morning?<br />LMAO :D <br /><br />ps. I tried the # and it actually is a subsiduary of Bombardier

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey I dont work for Bomb. but I am a dealer ILL BE GLAD TO GIVE YOU THERE #... HAHA You just dont know what a world of sh-t you just opened!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mjake if your engine has ever overheated you prob. burned the voltage regulator built inside the computer(it is watercooled). Youll have to send it off and get it repaired. Are you getting a warning horn?

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

The "rodknocker" is correct. You should be getting a CHECK ENGINE lite from time to time. The code stored in the computer would be for voltage below expected value.<br /><br />See a knowlegable dealer.

Carrol1st

Recruit

I too purchased a 2000 Evinrude 225 hp ficht. Just last week it blew up and caught fire (luckily at the dock). The happened even after the retrofit of the fuel injector system was done by TNT Marine in Chalmette, La. We returned the rig to TNT for evaluation. Both TNT and Bombardiere say they can't find a problem except for that there may have been a fuel leak and an electrical short that caused the explosion and fire. Now, both of these entities have denied any culpability concerning this occurrence, and no one will take responsibility. I even have a Pinnacle warranty, but they won't cover it either. Has anyone else faced this problem. Please let me know if anyone can help me. P S DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM DA BOMB!!!!! :mad: