Bad transducer on bottomline TM HR?

bigbassbrent

Cadet
I have a bottom line tournament master HR fish finder (s/n 08281284). Problem is the unit only plots 2or3 lines of data once every 15 or 20seconds...Goes on a coffee break...plots another 2 or 3 lines and then waits another 40 seconds or so for the next data to be plotted. The data recorded is correct (depth). Adjusting the graph speed setting from low medium or hi doesn't help. The boat is not traveling fast. The transducer is a through hull model. WOuld you guess the transducer is bad, or the unit. I'd love to plug in a different transducer to test this but i can't find a local dealer here in San Diego. Anyone have a best guess if the unit is shot, the transducer is shot, or if it is cheaper to just buy a new unit and transducer???<br /><br />Thanks<br />Brent

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Bad transducer on bottomline TM HR?

The data recorded is correct (depth).
That alone would cause me to think that the transducer may be OK. <br /><br />As for replace or repair, that's up to you. I see a lot of head units without transducers on Ebay cheap. Some of the transducers for them are real expensive to purchase. <br /><br />Have you called Bottom Line and talked to CS about repair estimates?

bigbassbrent

Cadet
Re: Bad transducer on bottomline TM HR?

yes i called them, but since they were recently purchased by johnson, seems johnson didn't keep the customer support around. In other words cs there is poor. Just ordered a cuda 168 for 70 bucks on special from bass pro including transducer. Can't go wrong for that price while I continue troubleshootin the bottomline unit.