oh no...re wiring boat...sorta...

KenJr

Seaman Apprentice
I recently bought a 90 Crestliner fish/ski and after looking under the console determined that I really needed to make some sense of the bird nest down there...<br /><br />Without to much effort I was able to figure out where most of the stuff was coming from/going to. Shouldn't be a big issue...<br /><br />One thing I'm concerned about is that the current implementation has a 6 gang terminal block that the battery hooks directly to. I've got a switch panel on the console for the bilge, livewell, internal lights and several empty spots that plug directly into the switch then there's a connection to the terminal block for power. The rest of the electronics (fish finder, radio) plug directly into the terminal block for power.<br /><br />My question is - I've found several terminal blocks online but many of them appear not to have a place for the ground wire. My existing terminal block has leads for the + and the black wires (-) are also terminated at the block. Many of the blocks I see don't have this. Where do you run the black wires?<br /><br />I'm considering getting something like this: http://www.bluesea.com/dept.asp?d_id=7463&l1=7463 - several models indicate with ground and without ground.<br /><br />Why would you get one without a ground?<br /><br />Is this the best solution to replace a simple terminal block?

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: oh no...re wiring boat...sorta...

Google 'ground buss bar'. It will solve your dilemma.