garmin 172c plotter

scotty c

Petty Officer 2nd Class
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br />Got my new plotter today, A Garmin 172c color<br />best price i could find, and i looked all over the map.<br />$379 us dollars + $129 for the south/west island chip.<br />shipped it to my buddy in Seattle who brought it back for me.<br />now all i gotta do is figger out how to work it. <br />anybody got any experience with this unit ?

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: garmin 172c plotter

Yes I have one. Good price, I paid considerably more a year ago. I bought mine from Steveston Marine.<br /><br />What do you want to know?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I don't have a 172C, Scotty. My current (and 4th) Garmin is a 276C.<br /><br />With all of my Garmins there has been a learning curve, slowed by unwarranted self confidence and speeded by humble study of the Manual.<br /><br />Once you get on top of the leaning curve operation is almost intuitive.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

mguth

Recruit

This will be my third year with mine. I paid double what you did back then. It's pretty simple once you start using it.

scotty c

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have used it a few times now and learning the ropes...<br />my first plotter and i am amazed at what they <br />do. the detail with the local blue chart chip is<br />fantastic.<br />i would recommend the 172c to any small boat owner !